Monday, December 1, 2008

Banana Nut Bread

Since we have a lot of bananas, I decided to bake a Banana Nut Bread. And I decided to follow the recipe of Manang Lisa about her Brown Sugar Banana Nut Bread. But since we have no walnuts or pecans I decided to put peanuts instead. And I can say that Manang Lisa's recipe was really good. And if you want, you can try this one.




Ingredients: (that I used)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
3 small pack of vanilla extract
4 riped bananas, mashed
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped peanuts





Directions:

1. Preheat oven 170 degrees (in a ventilated oven). Lightly grease the pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Beat well. Stir in vanilla and banana.
3. In a separate bowl, blend the flour,baking powder and salt.
4. Then blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just to combine. Fold in peanuts. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Baked for 1 hour.

2 comments:

riablahgs said...

Buono notre Chelle! This banana bread looks very delicious. Maybe I should try this over the weekend. Have a nice day! Sarap din tingnan nung apple pie na ganiwa mo. Does it take long to prepare?

Marlene said...

Hello Chelle, thanks for the message you left at BlogCatalog.
I used to bake banana cake. This Banana Nut Bread looks yummy. I'll try this.

Have a nice day!