Last New Year, my husband prepared Purea di Patate together with lenticchie and cotechino. Lentichhie is one of the family of legumes. While Cotechino is like a sausage. It is a gut of pig whose interior consists of a mixture of lean pork, bacon, rind, spices and herbs.
And all of these three foods, are very easy to cooked. So to start with, I will going to give you the recipe on how my husband prepared the Purea di Patate. Try and it's delicious.
1 kg. potatoes
125 gr. butter
1 glass of milk
a pinch of salt and pepper
10 gr. salt
1. Peel, wash and cut potatoes into small pieces.
2. Put them in a pot and cover with cold water. Add 10 gr. of salt and cook it.
3. Once the potatoes becomes soft (but not too much), remove from the water and drain.
4. Then put them in a bowl, mashed the potatoes with a wooden spoon until it becomes elastic.
5. Add small pieces of butter and season with salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir, then add the milk.
6. Put again the mashed potatoes into the fire (low heat) and continue to mix .
7. When just starts boiling, remove from the fire. Then, it's ready to serve.